Thursday, December 9, 2010

In the Studio- saying good bye

Nuka Bay Dranchak 1999-2010

Today started with an early morning emergency run to the animal ER with my 11 1/2 yr old lab mix, Nuka Bay. Although she has lead a fairly healthy and full life it all came to a sudden end this morning.

I adopted Nuka Bay  from a shelter when she was four months old. At that time I was living in my cabin in the woods in Fairbanks, Alaska.  It was just the two of us for a few years and we spent many hours, days,  months and years walking through the woods and playing in the snow..She was a very happy and loveable pet and brought me great joy.

She has been by my side in the studio when I'm painting and has joined me out on location as well. Five years ago when I met my husband who lives in Phoenix, AZ,  she and I began travelling to the desert during the winter months where the three of us have had many adventures and good times together.

She was a big part of our lives and our daily routine. It is difficult to be in the studio today without her curled up nearby watching me work...I'm thankful that she came into my life when she did and for all of the great memories. She was a gentle soul with a goofy personality and great companion. I will miss her.


No comments:

Post a Comment